Root email from address?

cPJustinD

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2021
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! These are the default addresses per the system and cpanel service. You can likely set an alias for them by editing the /etc/aliases file. You'll need to work with your system administrator for assistance in properly configuring the alias.

Additionally, I believe root emails should already be sent via SMTP if the recipient is external. You can find more information on configuring SES as a smart host here:

How to use Amazon SES as a Smarthost

Ksmith08

May 7, 2019
Root
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! These are the default addresses per the system and cpanel service. You can likely set an alias for them by editing the /etc/aliases file. You'll need to work with your system administrator for assistance in properly configuring the alias.

Additionally, I believe root emails should already be sent via SMTP if the recipient is external. You can find more information on configuring SES as a smart host here:

How to use Amazon SES as a Smarthost
Thanks @cPJustinD but if i configure this smarthost, all my cpanel users emails (webmail/email client) will be sent from my amazon endpoint and not from my servers IP? in that case I'm bit confused.. because before using Amazon SES services we need to verify that domain by adding CNAME/TXT records etc.. could you please clarify?

cPJustinD

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2021
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Using Amazon SES as a smart host would ensure that all emails (system and user )will be sent from your amazon endpoint and not from the server's IP.

I'm bit confused.. because before using Amazon SES services we need to verify that domain by adding CNAME/TXT records etc.. could you please clarify?

If you need specific records added to verify the domain, I would suggest working with Amazon to implement these records successfully prior to configuring the SES smart host. If you have any additional questions or concerns, it may be best to discuss the available options with your system administrator.