The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

root has reached a quota limit?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sehh, Aug 4, 2009.

1. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

For some reason, it seems that I can't create new files and WHM has died on my server.

When I try to write something as root via SSH I get an error that I've searched my quota as root!!!

weird..

I then deleted a few gig of data files that I had in my root directory and run "service cpanel restart", which brought the whole system back online.

Then I tried to login to WHM as root and I received a message that my system is using "mbox" style emails !!!! WHAT THE F*??

I clicked on "Tweak Settings" and everything is messed up, the entire configuration is wrong!!!

Please help.

2. aneesh.p

aneesh.p Member

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Based upon your description it sounds like one or more files in /var/cpanel are now corrupted ( maybe zero length ). There may be other files on the system ( e.g. in /etc ) that are in similar condition.

If you have system backups I recommend restoring the corrupted files ( starting with /var/cpanel/cpanel.conf ).

4. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

You were right, I was out of disk inodes and things got corrupted :(

Files under /etc were ok, but I restored a few files from /var/cpanel, not sure how to check if all of them are ok but everything is working fine now.

Thank you.