The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Root Notifications are not sending

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hsn, May 10, 2009.

1. hsn

hsn Member

Hello,

My server got hacked a few days ago. As soon as I came to know I took over the control & change my root password. I gave my root password to Fantastico team for fixing my fantastico installation. After that I noticed I am no more receiving any notification emails from server. Before this I receive every email like account creation, modification, termination etc... I tried to change mail server from Courior to other but the problem is same. Please help me

2. PlatinumServerM

PlatinumServerM Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The root contact or root notification may have been disabled or changed.

Are you able to manually send mail without any problem?
    If no, then it's a mail issue.

If yes, then you will have to tail the mail logs while triggering the root contact and see what the logs say.

3. hsn

hsn Member

I discovered now Hotmail is not accepting my emails from server :confused: and gmail treating it as SPAM. How can I resolve this problem?

4. viraj

viraj Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

Do you receive any bounce back messages? You'd need to study the headers of those emails.. go through the mail logs, to check if the server is sending out spam or bulk emails, etc etc. Run a chkrootkit + rkhunter. Disable SSH access to certain IPs only, in short.. harden your server :)

The email services would get better once your server gets in a good position ;)