Root packages are showing in reseller packages. How do I stop this?

Specks

Jul 3, 2004
I'm very new to cPanel as far as being root. I've created a test reseller to make sure that all the settings for permissions are secure. I just want to make sure that I don't accidentaly give someone root access and the keys to the city along with it. I'm noticing that a package I created in the root account is showing up as a selection in the list of packages. How do I stop this? I certainly don't want them to be able to create reseller accounts.

Also if you share any tips as to how make sure things are secure with PHP and everything else I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

C

cPanelBilly

Specks said:
I'm very new to cPanel as far as being root. I've created a test reseller to make sure that all the settings for permissions are secure. I just want to make sure that I don't accidentaly give someone root access and the keys to the city along with it. I'm noticing that a package I created in the root account is showing up as a selection in the list of packages. How do I stop this? I certainly don't want them to be able to create reseller accounts.

Also if you share any tips as to how make sure things are secure with PHP and everything else I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
IF the packages you created are not root_packagename then they will show up for all.

Specks

Jul 3, 2004
I just saw the small type under the package creation. I should pay attention more and read. Thank you Billy. Much appreciated.