The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

root user access inconsistent results

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by amysutryn, Jan 24, 2012.

1. amysutryn

amysutryn Registered

Jan 24, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I have several functional PHP scripts that query a mysql database and display results with no trouble, using domain root user/password credentials.

A new script to upload a file to the database fails to access using these same credentials.

searching at mysql site, it is suggested that because of LOAD DATA INFILE command, the error stems from the root user credentials.

At the cpanel, webhost manager, i found a section to modify MYSQL root password.

I am hesitant to change until I know if/how it will affect existing scripts that work fine already.

Thank you
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is the script outputting any specific error message when it fails? It is hard to believe the password itself would be the issue.

As for existing scripts, individual accounts should not be using root login credentials for MySQL, so changing the main root MySQL password would only impact anyone who is using it. cPanel accounts would use their own MySQL database username and password for authenticating.