The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Root's mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by brgsstm, Jan 23, 2012.

1. brgsstm

brgsstm Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could someone explain to me why these mails would sit in the Mail Queue as failures? Some are sent to root@example.com and some to root@hostname.example.com?

I have now changed my mail preferences in Main >> Server Contacts >> Change System Mail Preferences to send to an external address and i am waiting to see if that works.

Thanks,

Tom

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You should be able to determine the exact reason for failure by attempting to deliver the message that is in the mail queue. If you have a question about the specific failure message, you can post it here for review.

Thank you.

3. brgsstm

brgsstm Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, thanks for the reply :)

I have set my Main >> Server Contacts >> Change System Mail Preferences back to root so I can get some sat in the queue when they fail. I will post here when I have something.

I am starting to wonder if it something to do with thei sother thread I posted?

http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/smtp-banner-not-matching-ptr-253832.html

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You will be able to determine the exact reason when you attempt to deliver the message in the queue. Typically, this issue is the result of an invalid email address configured under "WHM >> Server Contacts >> Change System Mail Preferences". The issue is likely resolved now that you have updated the email address used on that option. Feel free to post the error message here if it continues to fail.

Thank you.