The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RoundCube 0.8 Upgrade

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by tbutler, Aug 9, 2012.

1. tbutler

tbutler Member

Has anyone tried upgrading to a custom install of RoundCube 0.8? I'm wondering what the pitfalls might be in following the instructions on the cPanel docs site to use a custom RoundCube install. I have a lot of new users moving on to webmail, so it seems like it would be ideal if I could get the new, improved RoundCube UI out to them right now rather than months from now when it filters into the STABLE cPanel branch.

Thanks!

2. viniciusmunich

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm interested in using Roundcube 0.8 too, but I'm not sure if it is supported. Has anyone tried it?

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Roundcube 0.8 came out only 3 days ago. Have you started a Feature Request on this? You might like to start there.

4. tbutler

tbutler Member

No I did not. That's a good idea -- although my assumption was that, as I said, it will take a long time for the new version to trickle down to the STABLE branch, and I'd like to push out a "bleeding edge" update of RoundCube without necessarily moving my overall cPanel install to the same. Since the cPanel documentation includes information on using custom versions of RoundCube, I thought that might be a good way to proceed.

Thanks!