The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roundcube Address Book Doesn't Transfer

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Serra, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Serra

Serra Well-Known Member

Anyone migrating accounts is likely to have an issue with Roundcube accounts not transferring their address books. I've seen it a bunch of times, but always too late to see what really happened. Today I'm getting ready for a transfer and my test transfer did not copy its address books.

Turns out, the transfer works fine, but only if both systems are using sqlite for their Roundcube address books. Turns out my new server wasn't using sqlite.

Best thing to do is to run:
    /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/convert_roundcube_mysql2sqlite

On the originating server if there is any question if it is running sqlite for Roundcube and to run it on the new server to verify that it is also doing the same.

It appears that if it is already run on a server, a nice warning message is displayed, so no harm.

Once that both servers are using sqlite, the transfer moves the address books without any issues.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please submit a bug report if you can reproduce this issue on servers where SQLite is not utilized for Roundcube:

Submit A Bug Report

You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    About 2 months ago (Sept 2014) I had a server crash and both drives in the RAID1 array were trashed, causing us to have to restore customer accounts from backups. I lost every customer's Roundcube address book during this process. You can read the gory details in Ticket #5440813.

So, this was not an account transfer process issue, nor was it the case of one server using sqlite for Roundcube, but not the other.

My gut feeling is that cPanel isn't properly backing up the address book data, IF you have NOT converted to using sqlite for Roundcube. Going forward, I am making sure we are converted to sqlite for Roundcube on every server (present and future).

HTH

- Scott