The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roundcube Database Error Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kamnet, Jul 25, 2008.

1. kamnet

kamnet Member

I'm completely new to RoundCube, in fact I didn't even know it came installed with cPanel. But one of my customers noticed, started to use it, and something broke it. I'm now getting a "Database Error:: Connection Refused" error when you try to connect to it.

I've tried looking for some help, I've edited main.inc.php and made sure that the MySQL credentials were straight, I've checked the MySQL database to make sure the user and tables exist, and I've also tried to force a cPanel upgrade with /scripts/upcp --force ... all to no avail.

I'm stumped, my client is frustrated, I need some help ASAP!
    WHM 11.23.2 cPanel 11.23.4-S26138
    REDHAT Enterprise 5.2 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

Any and all help is appreciated!

2. kamnet

kamnet Member

RESOLVED: The problem was that when I set a MySQL root password, cPanel allowed me to create one with special characters. Apparently this doesn't work well for a lot of applications that depend on MySQL. cPanel should probably not allow me to create MySQL root passwords with special characters, and/or check the entry field for that section and warn me of invalid characters. :)

3. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for that tip!

4. xyber13

xyber13 Well-Known Member

Special Characters

Hello,

I don't think CPanel was wrong to allow special characters considering it helps in security and special characters should not be considered invalid. Perhaps just a small warning would suffice... But to totally not allow it does not seem appropriate. Its all about providing choices :)

Rgrds,
    -Xyber13.