ca2236

Feb 2, 2018
Nebraska
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I know there are plenty of resources on how to convert roundcube from mysql to sql lite. However, Is there a way to tell what I am running without using the transfer tool and viewing the warning?

ca2236

Feb 2, 2018
Nebraska
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Ok, the only way I found so far is to use mysql to see if there is a database called roundcube. I know the conversion is one way. So the only way to go back is rebuild the server from scratch? I don't how this got converted.

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Yes if you were still using MySQL for some reason you would see the roundcube db there - the conversion is a one-way street and there's no supported method to convert it back to MySQL I'm curious what would prompt you to need to go back to MySQL from SQLite?

ca2236

Feb 2, 2018
Nebraska
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
To be honest, (and to my embarrassment), since we do not use the email part of cPanel on our servers. I didn't know much about this. I only learned about it when I was using the transfer tool and the warning popped up about Roundcube SQL type not being the same on the source and destination server. For some reason, we have one server that is different. The others all match with MySQL. I am not sure if a previous colleague converted it or how it was converted. I'm not sure why it would have been converted since we do not use it.

I know this is unlikely, but does any of the MySQL upgrade paths convert Roundcube automatically? Additionally, I know the warning said there could be issues in migration from one to the other, but if we do not use the email part, have you heard of any major problems? I hope to read up on this more. I just thought I would ask as well while I'm here :)

cPanelLauren

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
If you don't even use email on the servers I wouldn't even worry about the conversion process you can run the script here: /scripts/convert_roundcube_mysql2sqlite if it can't complete for some reason it won't proceed with the conversion process.

The MySQL upgrade wouldn't have done this but I believe we may have suggested doing this at one point and even included automation for performing this conversion but I can't find confirmation of this now. What version of cPanel is the server which is still using MySQL on?