The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roundcube giving a 404 error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jleblanc, Feb 1, 2008.

1. jleblanc

jleblanc Registered

OK, I'm having a strange problem here that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I've had roundcube running successfully on my CPanel server for the last year and all of a sudden this morning it no longer works. I'm getting a 404 error telling me that the /roundcube/index.php file doesn't exist when I know very well it does. I've even tried moving it over to the /3rdparty/ folder and CPanel detects that its there because it changes the URL on the webmail html page but yet I get the same 404 error. I've checked logs, etc. and I can't find a thing that would be making this happen. Again, I've changed no permissions on anything and I checked to make sure they were chowned by cpanel and in the cpanel group. Anyone out there have any idead? I suspect I got an upgrate to the latest Current build and CPanel broke something

2. blkjck

blkjck Well-Known Member

Got the same thing here. NutsMail still works. Getting '.' before the 3rdparty showing up in the error path.

3. WhatsYourDomain

Same here too!

I reinstalled roundcube and still the same error.

Not Found

The server was not able to find the document (./3rdparty/roundcube/index.php) you requested.
    Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this
    error to your webhost.

webmaild/11.17.1 Server at www.whatsyourdomain.com

4. yapluka

yapluka Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Same on all our servers : Roundcube is accessible through the cpanel ports but not through the webmail ports...

5. bubby

bubby Member

change apache configuration

Hi,

The problem is related to apache on some means. Changing the default virtual host entry to localhost.localdomain fixed the issue for me..:)

6. jleblanc

jleblanc Registered

bubby, exactly where did you make that change. Did you do it in the httpd.conf or through whm? I made the change in httpd.conf and nothing happened for me. Maybe I'm not making the change correctly

7. platinum

platinum Active Member

anyone got any ideas what changed overnight? Also got this problem.

8. yapluka

yapluka Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There's a long list in the change log but I didn't find anything relevant...

9. blkjck

blkjck Well-Known Member

Is there something different that php files are accessible through port 2083 but not 2096 in that folder? What would prevent a php file from loading in that folder? If a html file is created in the same folder as the index.php for roundcube you will NOT get an 404 error. Create a simple php file and you get 404. Put that same test file in the 3rdparty/squirrlemail and it works. Nothing wrong with permissions or .htaccess Create a new folder in 3rdparty with the same test, same results. htm file loads, php does not. Any ideas?

10. xidica

xidica Well-Known Member

Confirmed here. Anyone at cPanel or is everyone still hungover from UFC and preparing for another go round with the SuperBowl?

11. WhatsYourDomain

???

I put in a ticket but they said "get lost" Not sure why cpanel hates roundcube so much.

I agree though it has to be a apache issue.

12. shashank

shashank Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It seems that cpanel changed the php include path possibly during a last update although I am not able confirm this. But I do see this issue accross servers where the include directory is missing in the roundcube folder . Is it missing for everyone else having the issue ?

13. WhatsYourDomain

Are you saying the roundcube folder was changed during the cpanel update?

I dont think so because Ive reinstalled roundcube. And nothing changed.

14. opt2bout

opt2bout Well-Known Member

I think shashank said that something in the php include path has changed in the latest cpanel update and that he also has seen a 404 error when the include directory is missing in roundcube.

In this case, its obvious that there isn't anything wrong with roundcube per se, since html files will render, but php files don't.

I've tried changing permissions on the php files...if the file is located in the horde subdirectory, I can load them...but not any other directory. Hopefully cPanel will realize that this is not limited to roundcube and fix it.

15. opt2bout

opt2bout Well-Known Member

Stupid Pet tricks

Okay, I didn't realize how many of our hosting clients were using the RoundCube we had installed on our servers. We've received so many calls its pathetic.

So, this is what we did to temporarily resolve this matter and make RoundCube available until we find out how to do this right...WARNING: your mileage may vary!!

Since PHP files will execute from the Horde directory, we created a symbolic link in /usr/cpanel/base/horde to point to our existing RoundCube installation and then modified the index.html file in /usr/local/cpanel/base/webmail/x3 with hard-coded links to this "new" (symbolic) location.

We now have roundcube back, although if one were to look, the links are /horde/roundcube/index.php, but most won't notice.

Note: we tried using the defunct neomail directory, but further restrictions in cpanel prevent you from using that one. If anyone else has a better, easier, less convoluted method, etc. etc. please post!

16. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This should be resolved in the next builds.

17. WhatsYourDomain

Thanks for the work around opt2bout.

This is driving me crazy, I'm going to keep searching for a root cause. :eek:

18. hbidad

hbidad Well-Known Member

great, because it has Rvsitebuilder in a bind as well

19. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Releases with Build ID 20536+ restored the prior behavior. At time of writing, only Edge has the fix. Current will once it is re-built.

20. blkjck

blkjck Well-Known Member

Just updated to CURRENT_20554 and it is working again. ;)