Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roundcube Prepared Responses storage location

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Simon Greenwood, May 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Simon Greenwood

Simon Greenwood Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A client says they have lost 50 or so prepared responses for a particular address in Roundcube. I am looking for the user configuration but can't find anything that seems to relate to the documentation at all in the Roundcube configuration dumps. Any idea of where else I should be looking?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Simon Greenwood,

Roundcube data is stored in SQLite databases at the following location for each email user:

/home/$username/etc/$domain/$emailuser.rcube.db

Is it possible the user deleted any of the contents within the /home/$username/etc/ directory?

Thank you.

3. Simon Greenwood

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It's unlikely. There isn't any sign of an SQLite database in that directory and the SQL dumps in /var/cpanel/roundcube don't seem to have any data. Apparently the user was using the responsive skin for Roundcube but I don't know if that would make any difference. I suspect they may actually be logging in somewhere else.

Thanks
    Simon

4. Simon Greenwood

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Just to update this, the client's server runs a database on another machine. Roundcube was configured to work with MySQL on the local machine. For some reason, a recent update seems to have taken on the system settings, which are for the remote machine so the configuration disappeared.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Simon Greenwood,

Is it possible the default_host entry in the /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/config/config.inc.php file was manually modified at some point on this system? Can you verify which version of cPanel & WHM is installed on the affected system? Also, can you check to ensure the /root/.my.cnf file is configured with the correct details for the remote MySQL server?

Thank you.