The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RoundCube Redirect Issue with IE11 Win7

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by coursevector, Jul 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. coursevector

coursevector Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I opened this ticket originally with RoundCube but they don't think it's their issue so I'm going to the next link in the chain. I'll copy and paste what I put in the github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/5883 RoundCube ticket below:

I'm experiencing an issue on my WHM server running cPanel ( CENTOS 7.3 x86_64 kvm – host cPanel & WHM 64.0 (build 36) ) and RoundCube version 1.2.4. Using RoundCube with IE11 and Windows 7, occasionally CSS or JS files won't load properly. The HTML document will request the main styles.css or jQuery.js file with a correct content type, but the server SOMETIMES responds with a 308 redirect with a content type of text/html. The redirected document loads the correct file, but due to this redirect, IE11 claims a type mis-match and refuses to load the file. The server has 'X-Content-Type-Options' set to 'nosniff', which may be a factor in this as well but that is there for security reasons. I don't see this happening on Chrome or Firefox or even IE11 on Windows 10. Attached is the IE11 version of a HAR file detailing the issue, rename it back to XML.

From a clients perspective, when this happens, they sometimes get a white screen, no CSS loading, or instead of the RoundCube interface, they see the raw JSON response from the server and that's it. ANy help diagnosing this issue would be appreciated.

Sample redirect

Code:
    <html><head><META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="2;URL=/styled/current_style/styles.css?1494938694"></head><body></body></html>

Files jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css, jquery.min.js and ui.min.js fail to load
    SEC7113: CSS was ignored due to mime type mismatch
    File: jquery-ui-1.10.4.custom.css

SEC7112: Script from http://webmail.example.com/cpsess1638020311/3rdparty/roundcube/skins/larry/ui.min.js?s=1489164033 was blocked due to mime type mismatch
    File: index.php

SEC7112: Script from http://webmail.example.com/cpsess1638020311/3rdparty/roundcube/skins/larry/jquery.min.js?s=1489164033 was blocked due to mime type mismatch
    File: index.php

---------------------------------

I couldn't add the captured network traffic files since 7mb is too large to attach.

#1 coursevector, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Is that configured for Apache, or for cpsrvd? Note that we don't yet support the use of the X-Content-Type-Options header in cpsrvd. There's a feature request open for this at:

Add X-Frame-Options Cpanel Ports

This might also relate to the issue discussed on the following StackOverflow thread (when CSS is configured to open with a particular program in Windows):

Internet Explorer "CSS was ignored due to mime type mismatch" on local files (no server)

Could you verify if the solution on that URL helps? Also, can you confirm if the domain name you are reproducing the issue with uses a CDN (e.g. CloudFlare)?

Thank you.

3. coursevector

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have the header applied at the Apache include file level. I'm not sure what cpsrvd is so I doubt it is set there. As for the solution offered in that link, it refers to forcing the mime-type via a RegEdit. That MAY work, but that won't help me address any client issues. That will only fix it for myself. To answer your question, the site is not using a CDN. Also we do not use a CDN for RoundCube in general. Also note that while there was a CSS issue, the issue also applies (and more frequently) to the main Javascript files such as jquery.js which brings down RoundCube each time.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

5. coursevector

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've opened a ticket, Your Support Request ID is: 8770631