Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Roundcube to SQLite conversion

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by sparek-3, Aug 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I guess I'm just surprised and I guess I missed something.

I know there was a big shift to moving a lot of the cPanel specific stuff from depending on the system SQL service (MySQL or MariaDB) and towards SQLite.

It looks like this conversion for the Horde database went through automatically with one of the cPanel updates (perhaps a long time ago). I guess I assumed that Roundcube did the same thing. But apparently it didn't?

So to convert Roundcube to individual SQLite databases, we have to run the /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/convert_roundcube_mysql2sqlite script. I'm curious if most people have done this and what problems, if any, that people have had with this process. I'm not really sure why it wasn't done automatically given that Horde was done automatically, which makes me wonder if there are potential issues with doing this.

I remember cPanel making a big push for this and I agree with this. I just really thought it had already been automatically done.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @sparek-3,

Roundcube is setup to use SQLite by default in new cPanel installations, but we've not forced existing systems to automatically convert as of yet. I don't have a specific time frame to offer at this time on when that might occur. I've not seen any recent reports of problems with the conversion to SQLite, but there have been a few cases with the conversion process that were reported and addressed in past cPanel & WHM versions (you can search for "roundcube" or "convert" in the change logs to see the cases). Since it involves customer-specific data, we'd like to see consistent error-free conversions over an extended period of time before considering an automatic conversion as part of a cPanel update.

Note that we document the conversion process at:

How to Convert Roundcube to SQLite - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...