Roundcube update password in databe but password in etc/shadow

inomi

Nov 6, 2020
Kraków
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have problem because i use roundcube in my serwer. But my serwer holds password in file etc/shadow. When i will change password, password was change only in database. Dou you have any solutions ?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Are you saying you have a different installation of Roundcube on your server than the one provided with cPanel? I'm not completely clear on what the issue is with the details provided here so far. If you can get me more details about how the server is configured and what isn't working well for you I'd be happy to try and get you better details.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for that last bit of clarification. There isn't a way to do this directly from Roundcube as they would need access to the domain.com/webmail page to change the password. While there are password changing plugins available for Roundcube, we don't test any of those with cPanel tools so I can't say for sure how well those work.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Ponieważ nie jest to coś, co jest dostępne w cPanel, nie mogę podać szczegółowych informacji na ten temat. Jednak wyszukiwanie w sieci hasła „plugin do hasła roundcube” daje wiele wyników.

Since that isn't something that is available in cPanel I can not provide specific details on that. A web search for "roundcube password plugin" does give a lot of results though.