Roundcube user preferences menu missing

swbrains

Sep 13, 2006
When a user logs into Roundcube webmail, their email address appears in the upper-right corner (next to Logout option). In the past, their email address was actually a pulldown menu with a small down-arrow to the right of the email address. This menu gave access to various features such as autoresponders. I believe it's referred to as the "User Preferences" menu.

Currently, my Roundcube displays the email address in the same location, but it is no longer a pulldown menu nor does the down-arrow appear. Does anyone know how to re-enable this menu or where it this menu is configured in the source?

Thanks!

swbrains

Sep 13, 2006
Yeah, mine is different. I think I'm using the Larry skin. Could that be the difference?

swbrains

Sep 13, 2006
So that menu was removed in the newer version? I can work around it, but I would think removing an entire preferences menu would really confuse/annoy a lot of people. :) Were the options from that menu moved somewhere else?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You can use the "webmail home" button on the left to get more of the cPanel features themselves, which is where the autoresponders and other tools would be. Individual user settings for Roundcube would be in the Settings area.

It's important to note this is a Roundcube change and not one from us this time.

swbrains

Sep 13, 2006
No worries, I understand. I didn't mean to direct that at you/cPanel specifically (although it came out that way). :) For me, unfortunately, I removed the return_to_webmail_home (or whatever that plugin's name is) in my config file to eliminate access to all of those native server email management pages for our users since we're a different kind of use case. We have our own custom front-end to setting up POP accounts and forwarders that uses the API, but I didn't know if I could quickly expose the link to *just* the autoresponders without giving access to all email functions on the server.

Anyway, we can use the API to create a custom front-end for the autoresponders as well, which will allow us to isolate that functionality and not expose all of the server email management pages to our users.

Thanks again!

Reactions: cPRex