The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roundcube

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by webmentors, Nov 18, 2009.

1. webmentors

webmentors Member

We are experiencing some issues with Roundcube webmail client

- emails cannot be sent,although we can login and it seems to receive emails without problem

This is the software version we are currently running:

- cPanel 11.24.5-R38506 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9
    - roundcube version seems to be version 0.2-b
    - mysql version 4.1

Tried the following based on reading the forums

a) /usr/local/cpanel/bin/update-roundcube --force
    Code:
    tar -x -p -z --no-same-owner -f /usr/local/cpanel/src/3rdparty/gpl/roundcube-0.2b.cpanel.tar.gz -C /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty
    Archiving current Roundcube data to /var/cpanel/roundcube/roundcube.backup.sql.1258577225
    mysqldump: unknown variable 'ignore-table=roundcube.cache'
    Failed to backup existing Roundcube DB. DB likely did not exist.Database "roundcube" dropped
    Cleaning old Roundcube data archives
    Creating Roundcube database
    ERROR 1005 at line 89: Can't create table './roundcube/contacts.frm' (errno: 150)
    Roundcube updated to 0.2b

b) /scripts/upcp --force
    doesnt fix the problem

The results of error logs are:

tail -f /var/cpanel/roundcube/log/errors
    Code:
    [18-Nov-2009 15:44:23 -0500] DB Error: MDB2 Error: no such table Query: _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement] [Last executed query: SELECT COUNT(contact_id) AS rows FROM contacts WHERE  del<>1 AND    user_id='1' AND (`email` LIKE '%info@webmentors.ca%' OR `name` LIKE '%info@webmentors.ca%')] [Native code: 1146] [Native message: Table 'roundcube.contacts' doesn't exist]  in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 540 (POST /3rdparty/roundcube/index.php?_task=&_action=)
    [18-Nov-2009 15:44:30] MDB2 Error: unknown error (-1): _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement]
    [Last executed query: SET NAMES 'utf8']
    [Native code: 1193]
    [Native message: Unknown system variable 'NAMES']

[18-Nov-2009 15:44:31] MDB2 Error: no such table (-18): _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement]
    [Last executed query: SELECT * FROM identities
           WHERE  del<>1
           AND    user_id='1'

ORDER BY `standard` DESC, name ASC, identity_id ASC]
    [Native code: 1146]
    [Native message: Table 'roundcube.identities' doesn't exist]

[18-Nov-2009 15:44:31 -0500] DB Error: MDB2 Error: no such table Query: _doQuery: [Error message: Could not execute statement] [Last executed query: SELECT * FROM identities WHERE  del<>1 AND    user_id='1' ORDER BY `standard` DESC, name ASC, identity_id ASC] [Native code: 1146] [Native message: Table 'roundcube.identities' doesn't exist]  in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 540 (POST /3rdparty/roundcube/index.php?_task=mail&_action=send)

My understanding is that the tables identities / contacts were not properly created. I tried to run mysql.initial.sql in phpmyadmin but it couldnt create the tables contacts and identities.

Are the MYSQL problems related to sending mail problem.

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Are other webmail scripts affected with similar symptoms where users cannot send, via Horde and SquirrelMail, or is the issue experienced only when attempting to send via RoundCube?

3. webmentors

webmentors Member

Issue is only with RoundCube. No problem with other webmail clients Squirrelmail and Horde.

However I noticed that MySQL version was acually 4.0. and not 4.1. After upgrading to 4.1 using /scripts/mysqlup and Tweak Settings to version 4.1, I was able to update-roundcube to install the software properly.

The I had to edit main.inc.php and set the stmp_user to '' from '%u'.

This solved the issues with the SQL tables as well as sending mail from within Roundcube.

4. plague

plague Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello.

A similar problem happened to like 5 servers. The table identities were not removed from the Roundcube database but its content was lost. I guees it happened during a cPanel/WHM update, but I'm not sure.

A way to fix it was to edit "/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/config/main.inc.php" and change:

Code:
    $rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'localhost';
    to

Code:
    $rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'xx.xx.xx.xx';
    (where x is the main server IP)

This will force Roundcube to recreate the user identities when they first login in Roundcube.

I don't know if it is a known issue or not, I didn't find info about this in the forums. This was followed by another error in Tweak Settings configuration that lost the "M" parameter in the following lines:

Code:
    PHP Max Post Size for cPanel PHP in Megabytes (default 55M with a maximum value of 2047M)
    PHP Max Upload Size for cPanel PHP in Megabytes (default 50M with a maximum value of 2047M)
    This lines were registered with "55" and "50" when it should be "55M" and "50M". I guess this happened when WHM was rolled back to STABLE version.

Maybe both has something to do.