The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

routing mails to another server possible?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by abubin, Aug 4, 2005.

1. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

i would like to have mails from server B be handled by server A. This is so that I don't need to maintain 2 instance of exim, mailscanner, spamassassin, RBL and related services on both server. Just maintaining it working excellently on one server will do. Also, server B would no have much mails anyway.

What is the best way of doing this?

I have tried changing MX record for domain on server B to point to server A but there are some problems. I could not send mails at all from server B. Let's say there is a webform in server B website where users key in enquiries and submit to create an email to relevant person but since server B have MX records in server A, the email would not go out. Perhaps there are more steps that I need to do?

Is there a way where i just relay all mails from server B to server A?

Anyone else is doing this sort of things? Let me know how you handle it. Thanks in advance.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Do a search for exim smart router on the forum which should give you threads that discuss this.