Peoplespaces

Oct 1, 2001
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have received the following since a cPanel upgrade. Ran the fix but still receive the message daily. Any thoughts?

Problems were detected with cPanel-provided files which are RPM controlled.
If you did not make these changes intentionally, you can correct them by running:

> /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/check_cpanel_rpms --fix

The following RPMs are found to be altered from their original install state:
cpanel-php53,5.3.17,5.cp1136,/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/53/etc/php.ini.dist

Thanks

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

That message indicates those RPMs were altered from their original state. I have seen a couple of cases where custom scripts were included in "/scripts/postupcp" and it was resulting in the behavior you have reported. Do you have any custom scripts in the /scripts/postupcp file?

Thank you.

Peoplespaces

Oct 1, 2001
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello:

there are a couple of RVSITEBUILDER scripts in there. Do I need to worry about this? Should I remove those scripts and run the fix again?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I'm not positive that the RVSiteBuilder post update actions make any changes to the cPanel PHP RPM or to "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/php/53/etc/php.ini.dist". You can temporarily move "/scripts/postupcp" out of the way and see if you experience the issue again when updating cPanel.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
If you have no third-party applications that are altering the internal cPanel PHP configuration, please open a support ticket so we can take a closer look:

Submit A Ticket

You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.