The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPM error during cPanel upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChrisUpjohn, Mar 13, 2013.

1. ChrisUpjohn

ChrisUpjohn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi everyone,

I'm still learning about RPM so hopefully I get the issue through without needing tech support, basically the last couple of runs of the cPanel update have been giving me issues with a MySQL repo but I have been unable to actually work it out even though the log supplies me with the information to fix it.

The following is the error in the update log:
    I have read all about fixing RPM issues here but to no avail have been able to fix my problem, I have tried the following command but it doesn't list anything for me.

Code:
    rpm -qa|grep mysql-5
    Hopefully someone can give me some insight before I open a support ticket as I'm just totally lost with RPM at the moment.

Cheers,
    Chris

PS: This is my first year as been my own root administrator for a server so I'm still trying to pack in as much learning as I possibly can.

2. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The conflicting package is MySQL-shared-compat-6.0.11-0.rhel5.x86_64 . YOu can rewrite your rpm command as "rpm -qa | grep -i mysql" which will list all "mysql" related rpms ( + rpms like php-mysql if installed - shouldn't listed that package on cPanel server though ). Remove it and run fixrpm script ( /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/check_cpanel_rpms --fix )again.

3. ChrisUpjohn

ChrisUpjohn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the help,

Removed the file that was causing the issue and the updater works fine now.

Cheers,
    Chris

4. tonyFF

tonyFF Registered

I had a similar issue. I only ran "/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/check_cpanel_rpms --fix" and then upcp ran ok without issue.