The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPM List and up2date

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clinch, Jan 8, 2007.

1. clinch

clinch Member

I'm sorry for posting this message, as I know that there are several threads discussing the RPM List in WHM being empty. However, I found that most of the threads deal with yum and I'm using up2date on my server.

Basically my problem is that my RPM list (in WHM->Install a RPM) is completely empty and nothing I have done so far has worked to repopulate it. I have run "Rebuild RPM Database", as well as /scripts/checkup2date and I filed a ticket with cPanel and recieved a response saying that there is something wrong with up2date.

Is there a good way for me to test up2date, because I'm not seeing any errors or warnings that indicate what direction I should go. If anyone else has solved problems with their RPM list in WHM using up2date, please let me know. Thanks.

2. clinch

clinch Member

I also just noticed, after running /scripts/upcp, that any time up2date was executed, I receive the following error:

up2date: error while loading shared libraries: libwnck-1.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

3. clinch

clinch Member

With a little help from this thread (http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=39765), I was able to get my RPM list back by doing the following:

Code:
    cd /var/spool/up2date/
    rpm -ivh libwnck-2.2.3-1.i386.rpm
    Then back into WHM, I ran Rebuild RPM Database then went back to Install a RPM and finally my RPM list was populated.

:D