The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RPM Package Installer & SquirrelMail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by WeMasterz5, Jan 7, 2004.

1. WeMasterz5

WeMasterz5 Well-Known Member

most of the software that is installed on the server show up as a reinstall, sqmil is on the server, is there a reason that WHM does not see this in the RPM Package Installer, if using this to install sqmail, what would happen... I asking bc one server has been having email problems now for a few months, and everything that has been tried has failed to fix it

2. Planet_Master

Planet_Master Well-Known Member

Instead of reinstalling email programs you may get more out of posting what the problems are that you are having. many knowledgeable people here can help you out and usually it can be done without reinstalling an entire program. Post your exact trouble.

3. WeMasterz5

4. Planet_Master

Planet_Master Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right if its not one thing its another. Every week its a new issue and I have to come up with some creative fixes. For instance email wasn't getting delivered and filling the mail queue. Did everything, upgrades, added reverse DNS, forced deliveries and nothing worked. The problem was the SMTP tweak was setting up a blocking IP so I disabled it and email was delivered. So supposed security measures actually f'ing the system. Also had the squirrelmail problems listed in your post and did a few cpanel updates to fix but seems with each new update comes new problems.

So the question is basically a catch-22:
    Do you want to upgrade and add new features and keep your hosting on the cutting edge or do you want to stay stagnant and hope for a heavenly stable release that makes everything pretty?

The answer is learn as much as you can about server management, keep google at your right side and ask questions if you need the help no matter how silly it may seem.

Works for me.

5. RaveKnights

RaveKnights Well-Known Member

6. WeMasterz5