The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSYNC Setup Guide Required

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by wagittech, Nov 15, 2008.

1. wagittech

wagittech Member

Hello all,

We have a website based on one server (let's call it Server A) to which we want to completely mirror it on a regular basis to another server (let's call it Server B) in another location.

I have been lead to believe that RSYNC will do this, however I cannot find any configuration guides or setup guides on how to acheive this.

The site must be mirrored on a regular basis, kept up to date at all times, with databases included (if possible)

Could someone please provide me with instructions on how to config/set this up so that the site is mirrored to Server B daily?

Root access and SSH are no problems, I just need to know how to configure/setup such a feature.

Regards,

wagittech

2. sirotex

sirotex Well-Known Member

3. nxweb

nxweb Active Member

rsyncing files between sites is easy, the database is a bit trickier. Is the content in the database dynamic (are users adding to it regularly), or is it all content you add?

4. sebby

sebby Well-Known Member

5. wagittech

wagittech Member

For this purpose, it is all dynamic data, so a database is being added to by users.

Thanks for the info...I'll check it out

sirotex, I was after a little more assistance than just a quick google search. I had covered that but not many explain in plain english exactly how to setup, but thanks anyway :)

6. apscinsspl

apscinsspl Well-Known Member

Hello,

Using some shell scripts its very easy to do even databases, pm me if you need any help on this.