The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rsync to wamp?

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by jeffm, Nov 19, 2010.

1. jeffm

jeffm Registered

Not sure if this is supposed to be in the migrations section, but I'm a new user, so I thought Id post here.

I have cPanel/whm setup on my webserver and I installed wamp on one of my local windows machines. I would like to turn it into a backup if the webserver goes down and the sites would run off of the local machine until the webserver is back up.

That's an entirely different subject, but what I was wondering if there was a script in cPanel/whm that would migrate the databases and files to the wamp server and have them set up correctly so that there would be minimal work to get the wamp server to show the sites correctly.

Any other suggestions are open as well.

Thanks

2. jeffm

jeffm Registered

I think I was thinking about this the wrong way. I have downloaded the files and imported the database in to phpmyadmin. In Wamp, it allows me to set up an alias directory for apache. So I setup localhost/~admin/ to point to c:\webserver_backup\admin\public_html\

So it seems to be pointing correctly and setup similar to the way that cPanel does it. The only problem is that the wordpress sites that I have can't connect to the database, I thought this would have been solved by making sure the users were set up in the mysql(db) > user(table).

Any suggestions? I would like to configure it so that wouldn't be changing any files in backup, but more changing configurations with how Wamp is using the files. That way once its configured, I would just need to download the files periodically and it would be good to go.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.