The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ruby on Rails problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jprovan, Jul 17, 2007.

1. jprovan

jprovan Member

In CPanel, when I go into "Manage Ruby on Rails Applications" I get this error:

') called at cpanel.pl line 4343 main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4232 main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0x8ed4f8c)') called at cpanel.pl line 4186 main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0x90dd1d4)') called at cpanel.pl line 990

Then there is a series of fatal errors with each box on the page thereafter. Is this a known issue ? If so, how can I correct it ?

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    RoR support is still incomplete at this time.

3. jrf

jrf Well-Known Member

Can you tell me if RoR will run on my CPanel server or am I wasting my time for now? I am not sure what your comment that "RoR support is still incomplete at this time" means, if you just don't have help suggestions for us or if RoR will not run.

Thanks!

4. Hoza

Hoza Member

I wanted to put another vote in for getting more thorough info on this subject. I've been working on doing some new RoR projects and I'd really like to get them up and running very soon. I'm still learning what needs to be done to get these apps running on my cpanel box, but I'm nervous, to say the least!

I had been mainly waiting for cPanel 11 to roll out with Apache 2.x since I keep reading how that's what's needed to do good RoR deployment.

Please, please, please... post some detailed info about RoR issues in CURRENT builds?? Please? It would be immensely helpful to a lot of folks, I'd think.

Thank you.

5. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    RoR works on cPanel, but it's not fully integrated into cPanel. I believe that is what Nick meant by his comment. If not, I'm certain he (or someone else) will correct me :)

IN other words, you can use /scripts/installruby to install ruby, mongrel (or a different server) and other infrastructure for RoR. Installation of Apps, App maintenance and what-not will need be performed manually however until the full integration with cPanel is complete.

6. Hoza

Hoza Member

Thanks... that sounds about right from my experience so far. I've run that script and it appeared to put everything I needed in just great. I still haven't done to much with it, but checking everything on the surface, it looked to be a great install script.

Thanks!