Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

run a file from the cgi-bin folder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonyevans, Apr 19, 2008.

1. tonyevans

tonyevans Member

Hi All, I am very new at all this so please be gentle with me.

I am trying to put an Auction program on a site and need to run a file from the cgi-bin folder – I have set the permission as specified in the instructions but when I try to call it with www.stampopshop.com/cgi-bin/envtest3.pl as per the instructions I just get a 404 error Page not found?????

Help Please
    Tony

2. LiNUxG0d

LiNUxG0d Well-Known Member

Hi Tony,

If this is a newly created domain with fresh DNS transfer done, you might be experiencing propagation. I can't duplicate the 404. I can see a page that gives you lots of environment details... no 404:

One line on the page: /home/zimbabwe/public_html/cgi-bin/envtest3.pl

I cannot see any issues at the present time. If you're using Windows XP, open up a command prompt by clicking on Start -> Run... and typing "cmd" and hitting OK.

Once the prompt is up, issue this command: ipconfig /flushdns

If you're on Vista, you will need click on the Windows Button -> Type 'cmd' in the search box and when you see the cmd executable, right-click it, "Run as Administrator..." and then issue the ipconfig /flushdns command.

I really think this is a cache issue, not exactly a server issue as I can see everything fine. :)

I hope this comes through as good news my friend! :)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Regards,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...