Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Run app on a Subdomain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carlos Madrigal Araya, Jul 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Carlos Madrigal Araya

Carlos Madrigal Araya Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello everyone,

I have an app install on my PC and I can access to it through the local IP (127.0.0.1) on my browser. I run this app on Ubuntu terminal using the command "appStart".

I want to visualize this app on my company's website, I thought of a subdomain app.example.com.

So, How can I keep running the app on the server where the website (example.com) is host? Can I use terminal commands like "screen appStart"? or I need to do something else?

Then, How can I redirect this app to a subdomain? Through the local IP or is there another way to do it? The app should be in a specific folder on server?

Thanks for helping,

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I'm not sure I"m understanding this correctly, can you clarify? Are you trying to direct an app you are running on your home computer to resolve to a subdomain you own or is the application hosted on the server?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...