Run mail through SpamAssassin before doing any forwarding?

drdavidge

Registered
Jun 16, 2007
Hey.. does cPanel run mail through the SpamAsassin before following any mail forwards set up? Wondering because I am having mail forwarded to my phone but its sending a lot of the spam through too. Thanks

drdavidge

Registered
Jun 16, 2007
any ideas on how to do something like this? Any free pass through spam filtering websites/services out there?

chipper

Aug 9, 2007
Yes, this would be greatly approved throughout the community I'm sure, I'm having tons of problems with users forwarded to Time Warner or Comcast that end up getting blocked by those providers.

There is a work around but not an acceptable one in my eyes.

-Cameron

sparek-3

Aug 10, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes, this would be greatly approved throughout the community I'm sure, I'm having tons of problems with users forwarded to Time Warner or Comcast that end up getting blocked by those providers.
This is generally why forwarding mail off of your server is a bad idea.

A better solution, and I'm not sure if Time Warner or Comcast offer this, is to set up your e-mail account at that service provider to pull e-mail from your hosting account.

I know Google Mail offers this. You can log into your gmail account and set it up to log into your POP3 server and download messages from another account and display them in your gmail account.

In this way, Google Mail is pulling mail from your cPanel based e-mail account, and your cPanel based e-mail server can never be viewed as sending spam to Google.

You may want to check and see if Time Warner or Comcast offer a similar set up.