CentOS 7.9
cPanel & WHM Version
v92.0.4

dxb04

Dec 27, 2020
UAE
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I believe Zend Optimizer stopped being supported with PHP 5.3. Is it possible your sites need an even older version than 5.4 to work properly?
As what i remember , the script was running on my old server with php 5.4 .. not 100% sure
incase if it was 5.3 .. is there a way to install it ?!

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There isn't a way to install PHP 5.3 through cPanel. You'd need to be running CloudLinux in order to have that version of the software available, but even with version 5.4 that indicates the script is severely out of date and could have security issues.

dxb04

Dec 27, 2020
UAE
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There isn't a way to install PHP 5.3 through cPanel. You'd need to be running CloudLinux in order to have that version of the software available, but even with version 5.4 that indicates the script is severely out of date and could have security issues.
as far as i had using it .. it was fine for me
in general ..
let say i want to install Zend Optimizer on PHP 5.4 , is it possible ?!

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I don't believe that is an option. Even checking a CloudLinux system I only see this package is available for PHP 5.2 and 5.3:

alt-php52-zend-optimizer.x86_64 : PHP Zend Optimizer
alt-php53-zend-optimizer.x86_64 : PHP Zend Optimizer

dxb04

Dec 27, 2020
UAE
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Mmm ..

I will do some search's and see what will happen ..

By the way , currently i'm seeing on the main page of the script this error ( HTTP ERROR 500 ) instead of the Zend Message ..
Do you think there is another thing or it is still related to the Zend Opt ?!

dxb04

Dec 27, 2020
UAE
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
A 500 error is likely something different. I would expect that to show up in the main Apache error log if you watch the /etc/apache2/logs/error_log file.
I can't see any new errors in that location .. there are errors but very old .. last one was on Dec 10

ffeingol

PartnerNOC
Nov 9, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
There may also be error_log in the actual web site. It could be in the main public_html folder or it could be located in any folder within the site.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That almost sounds like Apache isn't logging anything at all, as I would expect there to be at least a graceful restart since that time. It might be best to have us check the machine on our end if you'd like to submit a ticket. If you do, just let me know the number here and I can follow along.

dxb04

Dec 27, 2020
UAE
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That almost sounds like Apache isn't logging anything at all, as I would expect there to be at least a graceful restart since that time. It might be best to have us check the machine on our end if you'd like to submit a ticket. If you do, just let me know the number here and I can follow along.
I found this :

Code:
[06-Jan-2021 19:44:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Incompatible file format:  The encoded file has format major ID 4, whereas the Loader expects 5 in ******/index.php on line 0

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That seems to be another issue with file compatibility, likely related to Zend.

It may be best to have a PHP programmer check the site to see what compatibility issues exist, and then go from there, but it seems there may be multiple different things happening with the errors you're reporting. We're always happy to look on our end through a ticket, but we may not be able to resolve older compatibility problems if the PHP code is that far out of date.

dxb04

Dec 27, 2020
UAE
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That seems to be another issue with file compatibility, likely related to Zend.

It may be best to have a PHP programmer check the site to see what compatibility issues exist, and then go from there, but it seems there may be multiple different things happening with the errors you're reporting. We're always happy to look on our end through a ticket, but we may not be able to resolve older compatibility problems if the PHP code is that far out of date.
Any way , i will still try and search to solve the issue and let the script work again ..

Thank you very much for helping me with the information and the answers :)

Reactions: cPRex