Running .bin files in cpanel x? (sorry for newbness lol)

TiMCoop3r

Registered
Oct 12, 2006
whats up guys

Sorry for such a newb question but i'm trying to install a counter strike server. Well there website gives you a .bin file and im not sure how to run it..

Any advice would be helpful :D

Thanks
-Tim

shane84

Registered
PartnerNOC
Jul 28, 2006
counterstrike server

Unless you are a dedicated server you will probably not be able to run .bin(binaries)/installers, if you are on a dedicated plan you can run the .bin file by first making sure it's excutable (chmod +x installer.bin) and then running it './installer.bin'. If you do not have shell/root access it is highly unlikely that you will have the permissions to run the installer.

TiMCoop3r

Registered
Oct 12, 2006
shane84 said:
Unless you are a dedicated server you will probably not be able to run .bin(binaries)/installers, if you are on a dedicated plan you can run the .bin file by first making sure it's excutable (chmod +x installer.bin) and then running it './installer.bin'. If you do not have shell/root access it is highly unlikely that you will have the permissions to run the installer.
Thank you for replying

I'm supposed to have a dedicated server but i can't seem to log on using telnet(I think thats what i use to put in commands?)

Is there a setting i need on to open port 22? And is there a certain directory i need to have the .bin file?

Thanks for your help
-Tim