Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Running on a test machine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vatoloco, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Vatoloco

Vatoloco Well-Known Member

Is it possible to test cPanel on my home computer without getting a license? I do have a licensed cPanel on the production server with my hosting company but I wanted to learn more about it without messing up my server so installed a copy at home in a vmware machine and as soon as I go to https://localhost:2087/ I get this:

I found that you can get a trial license for 15-days but it says not to request them for dynamic IP's, which is what I'm on.

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    No, you will need to have a dedicated IP and cpanel license is issued for this IP for 15 days alone. Else try getting to cpanel direct to find a solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vatoloco

Vatoloco Well-Known Member

Thanks. My cable modem connection seems to be pretty consistent and I've noticed I have had the same IP for about a month now so maybe they will give me a trial license. I'll just have to remember to not shut off the modem because it seems like I get a different IP everytime I do. :)