The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running other things on cPanel DNSOnly?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Daniel15, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Daniel15

Daniel15 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    For a backup DNS server for my web server, I've got a VPS with cPanel DNS Only running on it. It's woking fine, but I'd like to run some other stuff on it. This VPS is backup DNS for two web servers (the other is bound to another IP, and is a PowerDNS server replicated via MySQL replication), and I'd like to put a single PHP page on it. It appears cPanel DNS Only installed Apache (I get "Apache 2 Test Page" going to the IP in a web browser, which didn't work before installing cPanel), but running yum install php keeps telling me "No package php available.". How come? Is there a way to install PHP as a package on cPanel DNS Only (I'm used to Debian, not CentOS and Yum)?

Thanks

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't have a cPanel dns only box in front of me. You should be able to install php, did you see if it was even there?

rpm -qa |grep php

What repos do you have, check /etc/yum.repos.d/, perhaps it removed some of the repos (does not sound normal).