The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

running php from cron has stopped since upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dflorence, Jun 3, 2008.

1. dflorence

dflorence Member

Hi,

I have updated my installation via whm to move from MYSQL4 to MYSQL5 and also to add
    PHP 5.

All websites on the server work fine since the upgrade, including those using php and those using MYSQL, However, now I find that all my cron jobs which run php scripts do not work.

The "Configure Suexec and PHP" shows my setup as:
    Default PHP version: 4
    PHP 5 handler: cgi
    PHP 4 handler: dso
    suExec: on

When I change PHP4 handler to cgi, all hosted web pages which call for php get broken, showing a list of messages similar to:
    Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=15) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 816

When I change default php version to PHP 5, then hosted websites which use MYSQL get broken showing error messages similar to:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect() in /home2/etc/etc

I would like to either use php 5 as a default but would need to solve the MYSQL problembefore I can;

Alternatively,. - I would like to use php 4 to run cron scripts, but therefore need to solve the problem of why php breaks when I set the PHP 4 handler to cgi.

Any help gratefully received.

2. dflorence

dflorence Member

I didnt go through the advanced options to select all the config i needed in easy apache.

Done that now its all fine...:)