The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

running pkgacct script on second drive

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by snardi67.gaming, Sep 23, 2009.

1. snardi67.gaming

Jul 25, 2004

I lease a dedicated server box from serverbeach and I have had them add a new primary drive to my box and reload cpanel on it. My old primary drive is now mounted as a secondary drive although I need to run the pkgacct or cpbackup scripts on the old secondary drive to create backups of my existing accounts. I would have run the backups initially prior to having this work done although in this situation server beach refused to allow me the time to do that or even access to my primary drive until they remounted it as a secondary drive (my box was supposedly compromised although no proof has been given to me).

Regardless of that i really need to know how to force the backup scripts to run on the old drive (which fstabs at /mnt/olddrive) so that I may recover my websites to restore using whm. I have put in a support ticket with cpanel (and with serverbeach although serverbeach will not do any more to help in this situation) although i have so far not had any response from their staff. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

May 20, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You should be able to mount and umount the drive with these from shell as root depending on your setup:

mount /dev/sdb1
    umount /dev/sdb1

You should be able to force a server backup using this:

/scripts/cpbackup --force

You might want to contact QT directly thru the forums over there. She can assist you with getting things going somehow, I'm sure.

Well, it is unmanaged hosting after all. I have yet to have a single support issue with ServerBeach. There are many other options for you if you're unsure of what to do here, like hiring a professional if needed. You're restoring a server with no backups it sounds like. That can take some work.