rysnc problem with mounted ftp as drive

shahidi

Mar 2, 2006
Hello
I have create a cpanel account in one server with SSH enabled;
I wanted to use this FTP account for taking backup

After that I mounted this ftp space as a drive in another server with curlftpfs.
I see that ftp account /mnt/ftpaccount/ and I can copy and remove files from it;

Finally I tried to take backup with rsync to this drive /mnt/ftpaccount/ by JetBackup or also manually ( With Rsync )

I don't aware why below error happens and how to remove this problem.

/mnt/mysb1/public_ftp/jetbackup_1_4_5dc1b629b9316d42300c6212/XXXXX/jbm.account.full/.jetbackup.index.yJDeja" failed: Operation not supported (95)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1189) [sender=3.1.3]

Would you please help me to solve this issue ?
Thank you very much

shahidi

Mar 2, 2006
Hello
I saw this message too
rsync: mkstemp "/mnt/mbk1/www/1.tar.gz.QAWR9C" failed: Operation not supported (95)

Please consider I have mounted a simple cpanel ftp account as a drive in mentioned server ;
If needed to change something on FTP Server(cpanel account ) please let me know;

Thank you

shahidi

Mar 2, 2006
I have a cpanel ftp account from another server(BACKUP) with USER/PASS therefore

In this server
- I have created a directory in /mnt/mbk1
- curlftpfs USER:[email protected] /mnt/mbk1

Now I can see below from df command:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
curlftpfs#ftp://USER:[email protected]/ 999999999 0 999999999 0% /mnt/mbk1

I can copy and remove file simply from /mnt/mbk1 but when I wanted to use rsycn above problems happened.

Thanks for your time and attention.

shahidi

Mar 2, 2006
Hello
I have found mentioned problem in this article
<3rd party link removed>

A Question ;
In this situation when you have a ftp account and you want access to this like a drive in another server what we should do ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: