S.M.A.R.T. disk error detected Notification Email

DDSameera

Jan 3, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Every morning I received this email . After that I escalated this incident to my Dedicated Sever provider. Then they said, there is no hard disk failuer at this moment. so disable this notification . I m afraid. I want to know the actual scenario. could you please analyse it ?

Code:
S.M.A.R.T. disk error detected.    
    IMPORTANT: Potential hardware problem detected.

Your system’s smartctl utility detected errors. (see the attached file for details). For more information about those errors, read the smartctl manual page, the documentation at http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/, and the developers’ mailing list.

To disable this check, execute the following command as the root user:

touch /var/cpanel/disablesmartcheck    

To re-enable the check, remove that file. If you do find issues, we suggest that you use the smartd daemon to monitor your drives, in addition to or instead of this script.

Since this is not a software-related issue, contact your datacenter or hardware manufacturer for further assistance.

---- smartctl report preview --    
From Command: /usr/sbin/smartctl -q errorsonly -H -l selftest -l error /dev/sda Please note the following marginal Attributes:
ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME FLAG VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE UPDATED WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
194 Temperature_Celsius 0x0022 064 043 050 Old_age Always In_the_past 36 (Min/Max 28/57)

Warning: ATA error count 0 inconsistent with error log pointer 1

ATA Error Count: 0
Error -4 occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 0 hours (0 days + 0 hours) ----END /dev/sda--

This notice is the result of a request from “smartcheck”.

The system generated this notice on Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 6:38:27 PM UTC.

“Disk Integrity Check” notifications are currently configured to have an importance of “High”. You can change the importance or disable this type of notification in WHM’s Contact Manager at: https://gpurexion.voiceofguru.com:2087/scripts2/editcontact?event=Check::Smart

Do not reply to this automated message.

Last edited by a moderator:

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It is also possible that some of the fans failed causing higher than normal temperature for the disks so asking them for an extensive hardware check wouldn't hurt.