S3 backup compatibility with Linode object storage

s_blaydes

Apr 26, 2020
Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Trying to use Linode's S3 compatible storage object, but failing and getting an error. Has anyone use Linode object storage for WHM backups before?

The error I am getting is "Error: Validation for transport “Linode Object Storage” failed: Could not upload test file: SignatureDoesNotMatch:".

Using WHM 86.0.21 on CentOS 7.8.

Thank you.

s_blaydes

Apr 26, 2020
Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Created a new access/secret key pair and tried it. When I tried to save and validate, I got the following error.

Error: Validation for transport “Linode Object Storage” failed: Could not list files in destination: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Transport/Files/AmazonS3.pm line 315.

Does that help point in any direction?

s_blaydes

Apr 26, 2020
Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I just checked the contents of the bucket and found the following file was created:

validate.tmp-27520-1591280987.txt84 bytesa few seconds ago

With this, I believe the access/secret key pair is working fine.

If I try to validate again, I now get the "Error: Validation for transport “Linode Object Storage” failed: Could not upload test file: SignatureDoesNotMatch:" message.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I believe you're right, I think this might be best investigated by one of our analysts. Can you please open a ticket using the instructions in the link in my signature? Once open please reply with the Ticket ID here so that we can update this thread with the resolution once the ticket is resolved.

Thanks!

brianc

May 16, 2003
I am having problems with this as well. Was there ever a resolution with the original problem? I am getting the following error message:

Validation for transport “Linode Object Storage” failed: Could not upload test file: Timeout

cPAusaf

Linux Technical Analyst III
Staff member
Aug 24, 2016
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
In a recent ticket where the "SignatureDoesNotMatch" error was seen, the issue was found to be with the 'host' being used for the Linode S3 destination. The host was set to 'test.us-east-1.linodeobjects.com' where 'test' matched the bucket name. Since the bucket name is specified elsewhere in the configuration, simply setting the host to 'us-east-1.linodeobjects.com' allowed the destination to validate and successfully upload a test file.

Reactions: s_blaydes and cPRex
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Backups 13
HedSpaces Backups 3
Ashstyles Backups 5
M Backups 5
G Backups 4