Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

S3 Compatible Backup Location

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by joshlcomstock, Jun 19, 2019.

1. joshlcomstock

joshlcomstock Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am trying to setup an additional backup location for my cPanel backups in WHM. Currently, I have this working in Google Drive, but want to send these backups to my Amazon S3 Bucket.

I have entered all the appropriate information required: Bucket, Access Key ID, Secret Access Key, but the issue that keeps coming up is the S3 Endpoint. I have researched everything I can in regards to what this would be (using Oregon-West-2) and I keep getting the following error:

Error: Validation for transport “AWS Backup” failed: Could not upload test file: PermanentRedirect: The bucket you are attempting to access must be addressed using the specified endpoint. Please send all future requests to this endpoint.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Currently using cPanel v80.0.18

2. joshlcomstock

joshlcomstock Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Actually found documentation on a backup plugin I used to use on how to properly set up your Amazon S3 bucket for these data transfers. Once I created an Inline Policy as stated on #16 the issue was resolved.

ithemeshelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211129517-Amazon-S3

#2 joshlcomstock, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019
    cPanelLauren likes this.
  3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @joshlcomstock

I'm glad you were able to get the issue resolved and thanks for updating the thread.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...