The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.sa DNS error

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by alnadeem, Mar 26, 2002.

1. alnadeem

alnadeem Registered

hello

i am using:

WHM 4.5.0
    Cpanel 4.5.0-167

on a rh 7.2 server

i am having proplem on hosting the .sa domain (site.com.sa)

.sa = saudi arabia - http://www.saudinic.net.sa/

i setuped an account (domainname: faz.com.sa) and when i whent to chech the dns from http://www.saudinic.net.sa/cgi-bin/dnschecker.cgi

i recived this error:

---------------------------------

Checking Name Server ( ns1.royalwebhost.com ): DNS Checker found the following error(s) :
    The domain name is not hosted on this server. [Err-61]

Checking Name Server ( ns2.royalwebhost.com ): OK

----------------------------------

any help, info ?

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

Your ns1 and ns2 nameservers must be on different boxes?

I like tool.
    http://us.mirror.menandmice.com/cgi-bin/DoDig?host=ns2.royalwebhost.com&domain=faz.com.sa&type=A

Now for ns1

http://us.mirror.menandmice.com/cgi-bin/DoDig?host=ns1.royalwebhost.com&domain=faz.com.sa&type=A

If ns1 and ns2 are on the same box you may have a problem with bind.

3. alnadeem

alnadeem Registered

Thanks for your replay

(If ns1 and ns2 are on the same box you may have a problem with bind)

do this mean that i cant host any .SA domain on my server, do i have to have another server for dns2?

have any one hosted any .sa domain name on a server that use cpanel and ns1 and ns2 on the same server?

thank u

4. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

no no .. you don't have a problem with .sa domains at all. As a matter of fact if you use those links above you will see that ns2 is perfectly reporting the domain name for you. What that tool does is query your name server(s) directly. What the results tell me is that your ns1 doesn't report the zone like ns2 does.

The domain registrar has a tool built in to make sure that the nameservers you are changing the domain to use ..are set up properly. It (the script at the registrar) found exactally what I found. Your ns1 (for what ever reason) does not report a zone for that domain name. That's why I asked if your ns1 and ns2 both hosted on the same server. If they were you should get a good zone reply on both ns1 and ns2. If they are nameservers on 2 different servers then you need to make sure that you have a zone for that new .sa domain in the box that has ns1 running on it as well. Once you do that try running those links I gave you and see if both report the same zones. If they do you should not have any trouble getting your registrar to change over.

Good luck:)

5. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

It's important to note the error:
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Checking Name Server ( ns1.royalwebhost.com ): DNS Checker found the following error(s) :
    The domain name is not hosted on this server. [Err-61]

Checking Name Server ( ns2.royalwebhost.com ): OK
    ------------------------------------------------------------

It does NOT say that it can't be hosted on ns1. It simply says it isn't (yet). But it also says ns2 is OK. Thsi tells me that one of your nameservers is ok (ns2) but ns1 doesn't have th zone in it. I know now that ns1 and ns2 are different boxes. I did some more tests. All you need is to add that zone to the ns1 server.