Safari can't connect to site using temp URL

Hulst88

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
Netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi got a report from my client that her site was down.
Well it isn't checked in Firefox/IE/EDGE and chrome.. but ofcourse this was safari.

So I checked out safari and safari will not allow any website on my server because it isn't safe.
All websites use cpanel or let's encrypt ssl but both don't work with safari.

This is happening to alle sites but here are just 2 examples: example.com/18C & example.com/1357

Anyone know if this is server configuration?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hulst88

Registered
Aug 16, 2019
Netherlands
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have checked multiple devices with Safari and all having same issue. Did you test it with 1 of the url's?

I have checked multiple devices with Safari and all having same issue. Did you test it with 1 of the url's?
It's mobile device (ipad/iphone) and all macOS and windows version from safari. So it's not a setting because I can't expect the world to change their settings for just my websites ^^

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello @Hulst88

The title of the thread indicates that you're using a temp URL which is actually what caused the confusion - A temp URL typically indicates that you're using something like mod_userdir to provide users with a temporary URL to view their domains without the domain being live.

In this case, it looks like it's something else. I accessed both sites using safari and experienced no issues connecting. Can you show a screenshot of the warning you get?