Safe to disable email services?

SpaceCowboy

Jan 18, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
/gsuite.google.com/ Previously i think called Google business or something.
Well i use that to send and receive email on my thunderbird.
I use that to send email from my wordpress site (registration emails/forgot pass/etc)
I use that to send email from my phpbb forum.

My question is. DO i still need this services running or can i disable them all since i'm not using them:

TailWatch drivers: Basically i want to disable all but ChkServd
  • Eximstats
  • JailManager
  • MailHealth
  • RecentAuthedMailIpTracker
  • cPBandwd
And non tailwatch services:
  • Exim Mail Server
  • IMAP Server
  • Mailman
  • POP3 Server
  • Apache SpamAssassin™

Last edited by a moderator:

SysSachin

Aug 23, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
You can disable Exim Mail Server, IMAP Server and POP3 Server on your server through Service Configuration >> Service Manager

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

It's safe to disable those services if you have no intention of using the cPanel server for any type of email activity. However, you did note the following service:

JailManager

This is unrelated to email. This driver manages the jailshells that the EXPERIMENTAL: Jail Apache Virtual Hosts using mod_ruid2 and cPanel® jailshell option in WHM's Tweak Settings interface (Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings) uses. The JailManager driver updates each user's jailshell with the root filesystem.

Also, ensure any scripts that use email functionality (e.g. WordPress) are configured to send through the remote mail server. You may need to disable "WHM >> SMTP Restrictions" if you are currently using that feature.

Thank you.