Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Safe_mode - did something change in recent WHM Release builds ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eva2000, Mar 31, 2009.

1. eva2000

eva2000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    New issue I came across today. I have a vBullein forum and in past I've uploaded custom avatars with no problems. Today, one of my members say they can't upload their custom avatar and I run a diagnostic check and out of the blue open_basedir is chucking a fit and it seems my php.ini upload_tmp_dir has changed to /home/safetmp ?

I've never edited upload_tmp_dir before ???

file_uploads: On
    open_basedir: /home/myusername:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp
    safe_mode: Off
    upload_tmp_dir: /home/safetmp
    upload_max_filesize: 16.00 MB

/usr/local/apache/conf/sites/mydomain.com.conf
    Code:

<IfModule concurrent_php.c>
            php4_admin_value open_basedir "/home/myusername:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp"
            php5_admin_value open_basedir "/home/myusername:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp"
        </IfModule>
        <IfModule !concurrent_php.c>
            <IfModule mod_php4.c>
                php_admin_value open_basedir "/home/myusername:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp"
            </IfModule>
            <IfModule mod_php5.c>
                php_admin_value open_basedir "/home/myusername:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp"
            </IfModule>
            <IfModule sapi_apache2.c>
                php_admin_value open_basedir "/home/myusername:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp"
            </IfModule>
        </IfModule>

in httpd.conf same entry for my virtual host at bottom says

but /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/2/myusername/mydomain.com/ doesn't exist on my server ??

Only recall, recently re-running /scrips/upcp which said I already running latest RELEASE build at the time

cPanel 11.24.4-R34599 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9

Anything changed in recent builds that would of caused changes ??

edit: okay i just remembered in WHM for PHP open_basedir Protection options i had that site excluded originally, but re-checked and it's included now - but i didn't uncheck the domain to be included ??? /scripts/upcp reset that option ?

thanks

George

#1 eva2000, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009