The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same WHM, site on one account, mail on another

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by alberto56, Sep 30, 2008.

1. alberto56

alberto56 Registered

Hi,

I have two cpanel accounts, 'webacc' and 'mailacc'.

'mailacc' has the domain mailexample.com

i set up webacc to have the domain example.com

i set up webacc so that the mx record of example.com points to mailexample.com, so that all mail received by webacc goes to be managed by mailacc.

i add example.com as a parked or addon domain to mailacc, so that i can add mail accounts in the mailacc cpanel account.

BUT... The system tells me that example.com is owned by another user.

I KNOW it is owned by another user, but I want to create it anyway, so that one user can deal with the website, and another user can deal with email accounts.

Thanks!

Albert.

2. alberto56

alberto56 Registered

Hi again,

regarding my previous post, I was thinking about it and realized a hole in my logic: if the system allowed me to create the same parked domain on two accounts (one for email and one for the web), the server would not know which account deals with the website.

let me specify my question: why can't I create a mail account with a domain that is nor a parked nor an addon domain? Again, this is so that the actual website be hosted on another account, and mail requests be forwarded to this account via an mx record.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Albert.