Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Sample 'welcome' email and a couple of logistics questions...

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ellijay, Feb 20, 2003.

1. ellijay

ellijay Active Member

Hi guys. We're up and running now, and are quite pleased with CPanel! I have a few questions about getting started I was hoping some of you more experienced folk might be able to answer.

First, does anyone have a sample 'welcome to our webhost' email you can send/post? I'm afraid I'll miss some mundane detail if I write it from scratch. Basically a 'wait 48 hours for your domain to resolve and use this IP in the meantime' type thing.

Next, how do you suggest handling online support? I was thinking about linking the Cpanel Docs on the frontpage as well as having a forum. Any other tips?

Also, I have a customer, a local Ford dealership, that hosts their site with Ford, but wants email handled through us, as Ford doesn't offer domain mail. Basically, all I need to do is have Ford make their MX point to us and I need to point www to Ford, right?

Lastly, before mail would work for my test domains, I had to manually change the MX records to 'mail.domain.com' in each zone. Can't this be automatically done? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks much for your assistance, and thanks for the great product and community.

Scott McDaniel
    scottm@ellijay.com