The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SARE Stock rules, foobarred

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickp666, Sep 22, 2006.

1. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

For those of you running mailscanner,
    Im sure you will have noticed this morning, rulesdujour had a few warnings and errors about a specific ruleset.

the file in question is /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_stocks.cf and the rule in that file being: SARE_MLB_Stock6

I am not overly competant with regex's but spamassassin was failing so I had to do something quickly, to get the lint test to run through without error I changed the regex from
    /\b(?:)E\.GL\.y)|(Eg \|_ y)|(e g \| y)|(egly)|.P.\s+.P.\s+.?\s+.T.\s+.L.|.P.\s+.P.\s+.T.\s+.L.|A B S Y|A D\s+Y E|A G.A-O|A M S N|A$ \s*[Tt]\s*[Ll\|]|\(PPT\|_\)|\(pptl\)|\bn.s.?l.t\b|\|\\\| .~. S .~. \|_ .~. T|_N S L T_|__ \|\\\| S L T|`P...`P...`T...`L|cgdc|e g !_ y|f.?c.?y.?i|hlun|r . t .$describe SARE_MLB_Stock6 ML obfuscated ticker symbols

to:

/\b(?:) E\.GL\.y)|(Eg \|_ y)|(e g \| y)|(egly)|.P.\s+.P.\s+.?\s+.T.\s+.L.|.P.\s+.P.\s+.T.\s+.L.|A B S Y|A D\s+Y E|A G.A-O|A M S N|A$ \s*[Tt]\s*[Ll\|]|\(PPT\|_\)|\(pptl\)|\bn.s.?l.t\b|\|\\\| .~. S .~. \|_ .~. T|_N S L T_|__ \|\\\| S L T|`P...`P...`T...`L|cgdc|e g !_ y|f.?c.?y.?i|hlun|r/i

Because I dont have a clue can someone clarify for me that this will actually work (Lint isnt erroring anymore but that doesnt mean to say its right)

EDIT: F*****G SMILIES

#1 nickp666, Sep 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2006
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Removed the smilies for you ;)