The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving a different page to become the index page on a web site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jimh48, Oct 9, 2011.

1. jimh48

jimh48 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I have a web site designed with RVSitebuilder which is hosted on Cpanel. The website works fine /http://www.hr-management-dimensions.co.uk. I have designed a new page which I wish to make the home/index page so that searchers land on that page. My curiosity and need to resolve this gives rise to several questions.

i) I have saved but not published the new page so where on cpanel does a saved but unpublished page appear (presumably somewhere in file manager)

ii) I can not see a way of getting my new page into cpanel to become the index page (with the the public html files?) - is there a simple way?

iii) Is there a special order to do this for example should I rename the current home page (index.php?) file first and then rename my new page as the index.php file?

iv) How can I be sure I am tackling the right page as the view does not pull up a copy of the actual web page but code.

v) Naturally I do not want to muck up search engines being able to find my porposed new index page as the home page to land on. CPanel looks daunting and I am wary or experimenting with it currently. The alternative option may be simply to paste the code from my new page over code of the existing home/index page and then publish it. However, is there special essential code on the index page that I would lose by pasting over the code of my new page?

Nervous learner to cpanel would like guidance