Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Saving Default Reseller Nameservers and Privileges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crshep, Jan 19, 2019.

1. crshep

crshep Well-Known Member

The " Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges" comes already set with default values. I have created my own default values so how to I make my default values stick as in when a new reseller account is created it automatically use what I changed it too?

As of now when I create a reseller account I have to go back into "Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges" and change them to what I want them to be becasue it always use's what cpanel has set as default and not what I want default to be.

Hope I explained that correctly so people understand. :O) Thanks for any help that could be done to get this done.

Basically every time I create a new reseller account all the boxes are empty so no options are available for the new reseller in their WHM. I created my own but every time I have to go in and edit to the name of the one I created to set it. So it is not automated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 crshep, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  2. Bob1965

Bob1965 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

it is pretty simple.
    You check the privileges you want to give then check "Save selections as a new ACL list".. give it a name and press the button "Save all settings"

Regards,
    Bob

3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. crshep

crshep Well-Known Member

I Understand how to change ACL and what not but I do not feel I should have to do it after every account is created. Isn't their a way that when reseller accounts get create there is a default ACL? As of now every time I create a new reseller account their are NO options in the new accounts WHM I have to go back and add the check marks each time. How can I get the check marks to stay as default or what ever so I don't have to go back and add them each time I create a new account?

Guide to WHM Plugins - Access Control Lists - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Doesn't tell me anything of what I'm asking.

Thanks

5. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @crshep

It does answer your question though. If you want to create a default list of permissions that a reseller will be allowed you need to first create an ACL list. The permissions allowed to a reseller on creation is the default ACL. If this isn't what you want you'll need to make one and then assign it to your resellers.