The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving mod_userdir Tweak Settings Stops Litespeed

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by linux4me2, Aug 7, 2016.

1. linux4me2

linux4me2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm using WHM/cPanel v. 58.0 build 12 on a CentOS 6.8 x86_64 virtuozzo host with Litespeed 5.0.19. Maybe this should be posted in Litespeed's forum, but I think it's a WHM thing...

If I save changes to the Apache mod_userdir Tweak (Security Center -> Apache mod_userdir Tweak) with Litespeed running, Litespeed is stopped and Apache isn't started, so all my sites go down. The behavior I'd like to see is for Litespeed to be detected and gracefully restarted when I save the changes in the mod_userdir Tweak.

I can switch from Litespeed to Apache first, then make the changes to the mod_userdir tweak, save them (which works fine) and finally switch back to Litespeed. The mod_userdir tweak seems to work just fine in Litespeed once I have it set.

2. vacancy

vacancy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. linux4me2

linux4me2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the link. I ran those commands to switch to Apache and then back to Litespeed. I don't want to test it by trying to save the settings in mod_userdir and have all my sites go down again, though. : )

I wish I'd known I was supposed to switch to Apache before running the EA3 to EA4 migration! I wonder how many problems that would have prevented?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator