The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scancur opendir("cur"): No such file or directory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bdzzld, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Bdzzld

Bdzzld Well-Known Member

Hello,

As suggested by the WHM Security feature my servers have been converted from UW-IMAP to MailDir/Courier. Since then when sending e-mail, some clients on the servers receive the following message :

I've already done a forced (re)install of Exim and Courier as suggested here :
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=44941

but that did not solve the problem...

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Sounds like some of the accounts were not correctly converted. I would:

1. Make sure that you've upgraded cPanel to the latest of the tree you are using

2. Run:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/convertmaildir

If it isn't fixed, log a ticket with cPanel directly for this issue as they've waived the normal restrictions on support for the maildir conversion process.

3. Bdzzld

Bdzzld Well-Known Member

Hello,

I've done as you instructed and a few accounts indeed needed to be (re)converted.

What I noticed though is that the "problem" accounts were moved from another server, which was still using UW-IMAP. It seems the migration process does (or did) not convert the UW-IMAP directories to MailDir/Courier during the migration process. Is this still the case, because we're currently moving accounts from such a server daily?

Thanks.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything specific in the changelog about it, except that v10.8.1 does include a wrap-up of a lot of fixes for issues relating to the maildir conversion. I would imaging that it is only a matter of time until that is catered for. Best checking directly with cPanel about it unless someone happens by.