Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

scancur opendir("cur"): No such file or directory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bdzzld, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Bdzzld

Bdzzld Well-Known Member

Hello,

As suggested by the WHM Security feature my servers have been converted from UW-IMAP to MailDir/Courier. Since then when sending e-mail, some clients on the servers receive the following message :

I've already done a forced (re)install of Exim and Courier as suggested here :
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=44941

but that did not solve the problem...

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Sounds like some of the accounts were not correctly converted. I would:

1. Make sure that you've upgraded cPanel to the latest of the tree you are using

2. Run:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/convertmaildir

If it isn't fixed, log a ticket with cPanel directly for this issue as they've waived the normal restrictions on support for the maildir conversion process.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bdzzld

Bdzzld Well-Known Member

Hello,

I've done as you instructed and a few accounts indeed needed to be (re)converted.

What I noticed though is that the "problem" accounts were moved from another server, which was still using UW-IMAP. It seems the migration process does (or did) not convert the UW-IMAP directories to MailDir/Courier during the migration process. Is this still the case, because we're currently moving accounts from such a server daily?

Thanks.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything specific in the changelog about it, except that v10.8.1 does include a wrap-up of a lot of fixes for issues relating to the maildir conversion. I would imaging that it is only a matter of time until that is catered for. Best checking directly with cPanel about it unless someone happens by.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...