The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared to Update Apache and PHP...

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by jclarkkent2003, Nov 26, 2005.

1. jclarkkent2003

Aug 8, 2005
    Hi Guys, I have 300+ live websites on my cpanel server and I am scared to death of updating using easy apache, I used this function before several times glitch free, but I also have used it several times and it caused major problems like APACHE could not load, it corrupted something while installing, my httpd.conf was fine but it actually corrupted something while installing on the server, I had no choice but to reformatt.

Is there anyway I can SAFELY use easy apache to update apache and php with nearly no risk of frying my server ? How can I make it so my site's stay online on the same server while it's installing (since it takes a good twenty - thirty minutse to run easy apache.

I have ZEND installed on the server and also a plugin for php called MING, am I going to have to install those again, cuz I haven't installed ming in two years since the last time I rebuilt apache.

I need to rebuild apache and make sure that the module MOD_PROXY is turned on, I am told it can only be turned on when you recompile, I tried four time to install mod_proxy using apxs but it didn't work.

Please help, how can I install mod_proxy and safely reinstall apache and php with zend and ming ?